Friday, September 20, 2024

Small things 20 Sep

  • Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the AB government is always telling the feds to stay out of their affairs, but then interferes in the Green Line project in Calgary, essentially sabotaging it in slow motion?
  • That news story about the Canadian Army’s new sleeping bags being unsuitable for winter? Yeah, that kind of procurement fiasco has never happened before… Ask anyone who was in the CAF in the 1970s and 1980s about our wonderful rain gear.
  • A package of bacon isn’t resealable. That makes it one serving, yes?
  • New ‘no-homework’ excuse: My dog ate my homework. Then an immigrant ate my dog.
  • You are not ‘stuck in traffic’. You ARE traffic.
  • Most of the people who are afraid of what we’ll do with nuclear waste in the future have no idea what we do with it now.
  • I can tell how judgmental people are just by looking at them.
  • Remember the VCR? Or as toddlers used to call it, “That place where I hid my sandwich.”
  • Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it. ~Unknown
  • Let’s bring back pantsless Thursday. What do you mean there was never a pantsless Thursday?
  • Even New France had a high speed train from Quebec to Toronto. Ok, it wasn’t a train, it was a ship. Ok, it wasn’t high speed either, but at least they had something.
  • I vote we stop letting immigrants into the country when all the descendants of immigrants go back where they came from.


No comments: