Friday, December 22, 2023

Small things 22 Dec

  • Shout out to all those people who have won the battle against past addictions. 
  • I literally watched a Calgary city bus drive the wrong way down a street with a median, stop and try to back up to somewhere where they could cross back over to the right side. I wonder if they still have their job?
  • In IT, there’s nothing more permanent than a temporary solution.
  • You don’t want to mess with the sheep that give us steel wool.
  • Whenever a car waits for me to cross the crosswalk in a parking lot, I wave and mouth 'thank you' and rush across as fast as I can because I want them to think, wow what an 11/10 pedestrian.
  • Since I quit smoking in 1999, I’ve saved almost $60,000 on cigarettes.
  • Sometimes I wonder if the real reason people keep all of their emails is in the hope that eventually they’ll have so many messages that their inbox will be full and any additional messages will bounce. Like that’s how you win at email or something.
  • Dear stores with self checkouts: Please stop letting me scan one item then forcing me to enter my membership number before I can continue. Ask for it up front or wait until I’m done scanning.
  • Dear stores with membership cards: If I’m paying with a credit card, don’t you already have that linked to my membership number? Of course you do, stop pretending you don’t. So stop asking me for my membership number when you already know what it is.
  • Self checkout hack: If you brought your own bags, just have your first bag ready, scan your first item and place it in the bag as you’re setting it down on the scale. It skips all the ‘I brought my own bags’ nonsense.


No comments: