Friday, October 13, 2023

Small things 13 Oct

  • If you’re an Amazon Prime Video customer, make sure to watch Mr Dressup, all about our beloved Ernie Coombs’ children’s show and the network that made it all possible. 
  • I feel like such a proud grandpa. I finally got a phone call from one of my fake grandsons, trying to convince me that it was my grandson. “Don’t you recognize my voice?”, he asked. Nice try.
  • As a technician, I used to joke that all equipment had smoke inside of it and if it broke, sometimes the smoke leaked out.
  • The carrot cake is the only cake that is likely to have an icon of what’s inside drawn on top in icing. Like, you never see a chocolate bar drawn on top of chocolate cake. Do we need to be warned that a cake is made of carrots? Is a carrot cake so full of itself that it needs to brag about it with icing?
  • When a TV show has really good looking food in a scene, they should tell you where it came from in the credits.
  • Interviewer: “What’s your favourite thing to do at work?” Bob: “Leave.”
  • Interviewer: “Do you prefer Zoom meetings or face to face?” Bob: “Oh Zoom every time.” Interviewer: “Why is that?” Bob: “You can put Baileys in your coffee cup and nobody knows the difference. Just remember to be seen blowing on it to maintain the illusion that it’s a hot beverage.”


No comments: