Friday, April 21, 2023

Small things 21 Apr

  • “One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.” ~Charles M Blow
  • “An owl was removed from a college library in Georgia. And this is annoying - now it’s saying ‘whom’.” ~Seth Meyers
  • Never challenge cyber security experts to debunk a conspiracy theory for a lot of money. Because they will. And then you’ll pay.
  • The burgers I eat are plant-based. Meat processing plant.
  • I saw a headline on a city-centric website that I imagined would have looked pretty daring 20 years ago, “10 best places to cure the munchies when you’re high in Calgary.”
  • The history of marathons: a guy in ancient Greece dies after running 26 miles and we honour him by running 26 (or more) miles without dying. Also, the Olympics is basically the world’s biggest ‘I’m better than you’ contest. Except now with an added ‘Russia, you’re not invited.’
  • A pirate asking if anyone wants to take his shift at work: “Who want me arrrrrrs?” (Say it in your head)
  • Captain America’s suit only has one star. So in fact, he’s Captain Puerto Rico.


Divided by a common language

Americans,

I have news to report.

I have done the ‘math’, 

you are one letter short.

you could borrow the one

from the end of ‘sports’.

~ Brian Bilston


No comments: