Saturday, June 04, 2022

Loss my taste of sweet


I managed to catch Covid in January 2022. It was very likely the delta variant. The symptoms were fairly mild and didn't last beyond a week, except for one bizarre and alarming thing. My sense of taste changed.

More specifically, I lost my sense of sweet taste. Completely. Anything I ate or drank that should taste sweet instead tasted bitter. It was gross. Pop? Bitter. Candy? Bitter. It affected a lot of the things I ate and I had read that this phenomenon might last a few weeks, but could last for months.

As I post this, it has been more than 4 months since I lost the sense of sweet and it is finally, slowly coming back. Chocolate was one of the first things to start to taste normal again. Pop still has the most bitterness left in it but it is subsiding.

On the plus side, I did cut back on sweet foods because, well, why bother eating it when you aren't tasting that thing you enjoy?


No comments: