Friday, November 05, 2021

Small things 5 November


  • I'm looking forward to a day when if I want to talk to my doctor, I no longer have to call the office, wait on hold, try to schedule an appointment, take time off of work, drive to their office, wait in the lobby, then wait in the examination room, just to ask a question, or have them look at something for 5 seconds, or renew a prescription for another year. You just go to their web site, click the "I want to speak to my doctor" button, and you get placed in a queue. When your turn comes up, you have a video or audio virtual meeting and get it over with in 5 minutes or less.
  • Just to be clear Facebook, our problem with you was never your name.
  • Take the 'p' out of pharmacist and you've gone to the dark side. The 'p' must stand for positivity....
  • I like how the Alberta government is saying it will only cost $235 million more to have a provincial police instead of the RCMP. Could we not spend that money on more important things like health care?
  • Nothing worse than using 80s/90s pop culture references in your conversations and the people born after 2000 have blank looks on their faces.
  • You know you're suffering severe bed head when Windows doesn't even recognize your face for Hello login (substitute iPhone facial recognition to unlock the phone).
  • If I hit a bus shelter with my car, the City would want me to pay for it, but if I hit a giant pothole with my car, the City also wants me....... Ah, I get it now.
  • Fight Club: You can't really say anything about this film. #DescribeAMovieBadly
  • It occurs to me that mortgage lenders insist on you coming up with a substantial down payment on a house, but while you're paying off the mortgage, they own it in full. If the bank owns it in full, then why are we giving a down payment? If you default, they kick you out, sell your house, you get nothing and they keep the down payment.
  • Taxes are essentially just a yearly subscription to the country you live in. Childhood is the free trial.
  • How do you acquire an acquired taste?

No comments: