Friday, November 27, 2020

Small things 27 Nov

  • Not that many years ago people thought having coloured toilet paper would be cute.
  • How wonderful to live on a planet of creatures that like to be petted.
  • There's no point trying to be liked by everybody if you don't like everybody.
  • Is anyone really surprised that Donald Trump is trying to force himself on folks even after they said no?
  • The Turing test is based on the concept of 'can a computer convince a human that it is not a computer, but a real person?'. Captchas are based on the concept of 'can a human convince a computer that they are a real person, not a computer?'.
  • In my 20's I once got visited by the police because a military buddy and I were sitting on the hood of my car in the parking lot of a donut shop, listening to music turned up pretty high on my ghetto blaster, which was sitting on the roof of said car. They cited me for disturbing the peace. That was the most gangstah I've felt in my life so far.
  • "There's no iron in the iron used to iron your shirts. Which is, ironically, both ironic and un-ironic." ~Jeremy Irons probably
  • "If we stopped eating beef, pretty soon there would be herds of cattle roaming the streets." ~some dumb guy probably

  • You have no idea how much impact complimenting someone for something they have done has. It energizes. Invigorates. Motivates. Elevates. Do it. Often.
  • Am I the only one who suffers micro attacks of mild vertigo every time I scroll through my Facebook feed when friends have posted 'live' photos that move ever so slightly as you look at them?
  • Smoke brisket, not meth.

No comments: