Thursday, April 23, 2020

My telephone provider

Here's how my conversation went with Telus on Monday:

When would you like us to send out a technician?
Me: Friday.
Any particular time?
Me: Afternoon.
How about 3pm to 5pm?
Me: OK.
Great. They will arrive sometime between 3pm and 5pm Friday.

5 minutes later I get a text from Telus:
See you tomorrow (Tuesday) between 8am and 5pm

Later in the day, I call Telus to get things fixed, and their computer says to me:
A technician will visit you today (Monday) between 8am and 5pm. See you soon!

Somehow the appointment was booked correctly, but then magically and inexplicably cancelled and moved. No explanation as to why.

I did manage to get the appointment reinstated for the right day and time after being on the phone for an hour.

Then after a get a confirmatory email, I get another email that was meant for a different customer with a different problem.

Gong show.

No comments: