Friday, August 23, 2019

Stay classy

I don't keep it a secret how I feel about politicians whose policies I don't agree with, or whose values don't align with mine. But I stop myself short of using insulting, degrading or disrespectful language. I don't do it myself and I don't tolerate it from my friends.

The next time you think about using colourful language to label someone you don't like, ask yourself this question: Would you call them out like that in person, face to face? How about in front of their kids and their mother? If the answer is 'no', and you damned well know it is, then don't say it. If you do, you'll either be hearing from me, or if it's a repeat offence, I disconnect.

It is perfectly fine to disagree with people, but you don't have to stoop to back alley gang slang to prove it. Everyone deserves to be treated like a human being.

No comments: