Friday, September 03, 2004

Back from La Belle Province

If it seems like I've been ignoring the blog, I have not. I was away. On company business. In Montreal to be exact. Ahhhh.........Montreal. You will always have a place in my soul. There are just no words to describe the vibe you get there. Yeah it's french, but it's much more than that.

Things that set Montreal apart (in random order):
Real Montreal Smoked Meat - The Metro - Parking at one of the lookouts on Mount Royal on a warm summer night and viewing the miles of city lights - Les Canadiens - the Just for Laughs Comedy festival - the Montreal Jazz Festival - the International Fireworks Competition (yeah I know other cities have it too, but the venue there allows you to view it from many places, including the Jacques Cartier bridge) - Old Montreal - the Underground City - etc. - etc.

Of course, I managed to sneak in a visit to my family while I was there. I have a niece named Jessica, she just turned 4 not long ago. I have never heard such sophisticated words coming out of the mouth of a 4 year old.

Jessica: 'Karl, did you bring a video camera?'
Me: 'No'
J: 'That's OK, my dad has one - listen, it's a wonderful day for a swim, don't you think? Why don't you videotape me swimming in my pool out back?'

Or
Me: 'I don't know anyone who doesn't like carrots'
Jessica: 'I know someone who doesn't like carrots'
M: 'Who?'
J: 'My husband Ben'
M: 'I don't understand why anyone wouldn't like carrots'
J: 'Well, maybe if I cooked them....'

No comments: