Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Not fair

It doesn't bug me that a former CEO of a publicly owned company used to make around $2.5 million per year in salary. It doesn't even bug me that he is getting a severance package of $4.6 million. Nor does it bug me that he manages to get this money after he had to resign amidst a scandal that basically involved flaunting the corporation's money (owned by taxpayers) with opulent parties. What bugs me is that a common soldier who earns a military pension after serving a long and difficult career can kiss their Canada Pension goodbye because of the meagre military pension they have earned.

We can't afford to give soldiers the Canada Pension money they have contributed toward their entire working life, but we can afford to give a millionaire a platinum hand job after they resign in disgrace.

But at least I'm not bitter. Nope.

No comments: